Things I caught onto this time around:
• I don’t think I’ve ever seen a movie that’s so wholesome yet violent at the same time.
• There are more feet in this movie than there are needles in Trainspotting.
• Sharon Tate’s character is not wasted in this movie. The purpose of her being in this is to shine a light on her likable, human persona that often gets overshadowed in the media revolving around the Tate Murders.
• This is truthfully the most laid-back movie since The Big Lebowski.
• I never noticed Margot Robbie’s eye-color contacts until now. How bout you?
• This is officially the funniest movie of 2019 so far. Endlessly rewatchable comedies are hard to come by these days.
• I find it fascinating that two of my top favorite movies of the year—so far—have been a love-letter to Hollywood (Once Upon a Time in Hollywood) and a hate-letter to Hollywood (Under the Silver Lake).
• I could’ve never imagined how oddly satisfying watching Brad Pitt drive around Los Angeles would be.
• Don’t miss out on that Marvel post-credits scene!
Verdict Change: B+ —> A-
“Once Upon a Time in Hollywood” is now playing in theaters.