The Things That Went Through My Head While Watching The Straight Story:
- “It’s about family. And that’s what’s so powerful.” – Ms. Fisher in Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi.
- David Lynch is trying to abracadabra his sorcery into kid’s films now, huh?
- Nobody could convince me otherwise that this isn’t just a Twin Peaks side story.
- Which is the more hipster road-trip movie? Little Miss Sunshine or this?
- I guess Holly Sargis somehow got her dad back again. Dark humor, everyone!
- That hitchhiker girl may be running away from her home, but at least she kept her sick pair of Nike deluxes!
- I wonder how many spontaneously open people I would meet if I drove more than 300 miles on the road in a lawnmower. I’m sure they’d all have a depressing story full of meaning to tell me that revolved around their supposedly cruddy lives…
- There’s a whole lotta wisdom in this movie, sure, but there’s also a whole lotta elongated landscape shots too! We get it, movie! You’re sincere! No more, please!
- Don’t think this adorably wholesome film gets you off the hook for possibly killing someone, Mr. Lynch. I’m onto you still!
- Welp, I suppose that that was one of the better Hallmark movies I’ve had to sit through. Oh, but did I mention that it’s directed by David Lynch? Thee David Lynch? Now, you have to see it and call it a masterpiece no matter what! Mwahahaha.
- One day, I’ll watch a movie where I don’t feel bad for Carrie. One day.
“The Straight Story” is now available to stream on Disney+, YouTube, Google Play, Amazon Prime, Vudu, and iTunes.